INDYCAR CIRCUITS and INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY
From the multi-award winning IndyCar Racing...
Two new expansion packs:
INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY
IndyCar Circuits - Expansion Pack tests your skill on 7 new IndyCar tracks.
This package completes the officially sanctioned IndyCar Racing Circuit.
Now, you can race the entire season by adding these precision-modeled
replicas of the original circuits:
- Surfer's Paradise - Queensland, Australia
- Though laid out on streets, this course resembles that of a pure formula
race track. The course is comprised of five distinct segments linked by
chicanes, producing a total of sixteen turns. Weather varies from clear
and warm to wet and windy, leaving many a qualified race technician
scratching a head in confusion over what setup to race with.
- Phoenix International Raceway - Phoenix, AZ
- This oval is demanding, and the hot climate creates an inconsistent racing
line as the sun tests the limits of your IndyCarís tire adhesion.
Temperature and wind are probably the chief concerns of any IndyCar Team
at this track. Keep a watchful eye on wing settings, tire compound choices
and pressures, based upon the current weather.
- The Raceway on Belle Isle Park - Detroit, MI
- One of the newer courses on the IndyCar circuit, Belle Isle Park consists
of claustraphobic, twisty bends and a few fast corners. The track is
difficult to overtake on, often making race outcomes in doubt until the
final lap. Intense concentration and a quality racing setup are the keys
to mastering this layout, and any win earned here will require supreme
- Burke Lakefront Airport - Cleveland, OH
- This is the fastest road course
on the IndyCar circuit. The flat layout unobstructed by concrete barriers
and buildings offers a supreme view of the entire track. The racing line
varies with the track conditions, but there is never a shortage of real
estate for passing. In off-race times, the track is a working airstrip.
- Road America - Elkhart Lake, WI
- The longest course on the IndyCar calendar, with lots of runoff and plenty
of passing opportunities, Elkhart Lake summons all of your driving skills.
Since the circuit is four miles long, fuel efficiency is too important to
be overlooked. Racing with a lower boost setting will improve your fuel
economy and squeeze extra laps out of your IndyCarís fuel tank.
- Pacific Place - Vancouver, BC
- The Vancouver IndyCar race is held on a flat, scenic site near downtown.
As you learn the circuit, decide how you would like to attack it from a
racing perspective. If you plan on out-cornering the competition, select
extra downforce and tightly spaced gears. If the straights and light
bends are your strength, taller gears, less wing, and stiff roll bars
should do it.
- Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Lexington, OH
- Heart-stopping elevation changes and precarious corners make the Mid-Ohio
Sports Car Course one of the most thrilling legs of the IndyCar circuit.
The layout successfully brings together all of the demands of IndyCar
racing - hills, hairpins, long straights, narrow pavement, and fast
corners. To win here you'll need a full complement of skills.
Take the ultimate challenge with Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Expansion
Now, get the feel and thrill of racing at The Brickyard, the world-famous
site of the annual Indy 500. Plus, with this add-on kit, you'll get a
RaceCar Paint Kit that allows you to update colors and decals on all of
the cars running on any IndyCar Race track.
And with both add-on packages, you'll get three new features:
- Latest version of IndyCar software which includes enhanced modem play and time acceleration, which allows you to speed to the end of a race.
- Replay Cut Utility - clip highlights of your driving experience; save disk space and reduce modem time when sharing your replays with a friend.
- Settings Print Utility - allows you to view or print custom car set-ups or trade them with a friend.
With IndyCar Racing, you'll race like it's the real thing.
Realistic, 3-D graphics of actual IndyCar race tracks detail every inch of
the ride. Then you make decisions about tire pressure, wing angles,
camber, gearing, and more. Factor in tire wear, fuel load, track banks
and grades to adjust your speed, chassis, and turbo boost - and drive to
No other simulation gives you 800-horsepower IndyCar driving like this.
Check out the awards:
Simulation Game of the year: 1994 Computer Gaming World Premier Award
Best Sports Program: Software Publishers Association 'Codie' Award
Best Sports Game, Compute Choice Award Winner: Compute Magazine
Best Sports Simulation and Best of Show, SCES '93: GameBytes
Compute Magazine Honorable Mention;
Best Game: Electronic Entertainment
Hardware requirements for add-ons:
MS-DOS 3.3 and up
Requires: - 386 DX-25 Mhz or greater
- 4MB RAM
- MS-DOS 3.3 or greater
- HD with 12 MB free for circuits Add-on; 2 MB for Indy Add-on
- No PC speaker support.
Recommended: - Joystick or DrivingWheel/Pedal combo
- Sound Card.
Supports: Adlib - Sound Blaster - Pro-Audio Spectrum - Roland - Sound
Not a Stand-alone product - IndyCar Racing Required.
IndyCar Circuits and Indianapolis Motor Speedway is available at your local
software retail store now!!
Call 1-714-833-8710 (North America) 011-44-81-960-2255 (International)
Direct Sales Call 1-800-874-4607
Distributed exclusively by Virgin Interactive Entertainment, Inc.
Indianapolis 500, Indy and The Brickyard are registered trademarks of The
Indianapolis Motor Speedway Corporation. IndyCar and helmet logo are
trademarks of The Indianapolis Motor Speedway Corporation, under exclusive
license to Championship Auto Racing Teams, Incorporated. Indianapolis 500
is a registered trademark and Indianapolis 500: The Simulation is a
trademark of The Indianapolis Motor Speedway corporation. Used by
permission. Papyrus is a trademark of Papyrus Design Group. Virgin is a
registered trademark of Virgin Interactive Entertainment, Inc.