Re: Shared Facilities

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Valerie Elliott wrote:

> Do any of you work in (or know of) a special collections/archives that
> successfully shares a building with a commercial enterprise (such as a
> restaurant/hotel?) (Long story, but there's an historic structure that is
> too large for one organization to handle, so it has been suggested that
> one business go in with several non-profits to share the space.

The closest thing I know of to your scenario is the archives of the city
of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, which shares a former military armory
building with several other tenants. For more, see the URLs:

City of Edmonton Archives
http://www.gov.edmonton.ab.ca/archives/index.html

Prince of Wales Armouries Heritage Center
http://www.gov.edmonton.ab.ca/archives/archiv2.htm

Hope this helps!

Carole Prietto, University Archivist     phone:  (314) 935-9730
Washington University                    fax:  (314) 935-8320
Box 1061, One Brookings Drive            prietto@library.wustl.edu
St. Louis, Missouri 63130