                From:   Joan E. Denman [mailto:silver2@TDO.INFI.NET]
                Sent:   Friday, January 21, 2000 4:17 PM
                To:     ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
                Subject:        Access Database Question

                Greetings:

                We have an Access database for our collection & are
experiencing
                problems w/ sorting. We number our accessions by year then
number of
                each collection. So one collection accessioned in Dec. 99
would read
                99.0635, the next 99.0636 and so on. This month we've
started with 2000
                as 00.0001, 00.0002 and so on. But when we tell Access to
place into
                order 00.0001 is at the top and all the ones from previous
years
                underneath, so our screen or printout reads all the
accessions arriving
                this year, then all the previous years, rather than this
year at the
                bottom. We haven't been able to figure how to write this so
it will sort
                with year 2000 accessions at bottom, as this is a text file
and 00.
                reads smaller than 99. Any suggestions?
                --
                Joan E. Denman
                Archival Assistant

                To subscribe or unsubscribe, send e-mail to
listserv@listserv.muohio.edu
archives@listserv.muohio.edu

                Or to do *anything* (and enjoy doing it!), use the web
interface at

                Problems?  Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt
<rschmidt@lib.muohio.edu>