CD Labelling

PLEASE EXCUSE CROSS POSTING

I am posting this for a non-member. Please reply to me at the email address
below and I will summarise for the listserve as well as passing your
suggestions on.

"Quote"

Can anyone point me in the general direction of
guidelines/standards/examples of naming conventions for labelling CDs or
disks?  I have in mind a simple system for copies of  material which have to
be retrieved quickly if required.  Metadata inside the CDS or disks I am
fine with, its just the labelling I'd like some samples of.

There will be a large number of docs stored on
CDs and I just thought there might be some CD storage labelling systems
around which were the electronic equivalent of the box labelling systems for
paper files.

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Jackie

"Unquote"

Deirdre T Wogan
Consultant in Records Management and Archives
Tel  00 64 4 934 4342
Fax 00 64 4 934 4341
Mobile 025 577 196
Email address dtw@actrix.gen.nz <mailto:dtw@actrix.gen.nz>