Gen. John Tidball -- 2nd request

This is my second request but I just can't believe no one has Tidball
material other than Gettysburg College and West Point!  Could you please
check your holdings?

A patron is trying to locate the following item which was sold at public
acution by Coins & Currency, Philadelphia, April 19&20, 1968.  Gettysburg
College purchased the other Tidball material in the auction, but not this
item.

"1868 diary written by General John Tidball relating to his journey to
Alaska and his assuming command of various posts shortly after the purchase
of Alaska by the United States.  72 pages written in  pencil, with vivid
description of Alaska and sketches.  Beginning when he left San Francisco
(August 8, 1868), his duties took him to Sitka, Kodiak, Kenay, Wrangel,
Tongass and other points of the frontier region.  Tidball was a Civil War
general, Commandant of Cadets at West Point, aide to General Sherman in the
West, commander of numberous garrisons in Alaska, and author of a number of
minilaty manuals.  His writing is interesting and exciting with remarkable
candor.  His Alaska diary gives a vivid insight into everyday life in early
Alaska as well as a log of miles traveled between various points and a
chart of fur prices....also twelve printed orders related to Tidball's
service in Alaska signed by various aides to General Canby, Schofield,
Halleck, Whipple and Thomas."

Would you please check your holdings to see if you have this item and
contact me?  Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Karen Drickamer

Karen Dupell Drickamer
Head of Special Collections, College Archivist
Musselman Library/Gettysburg College
Mail Box 420
Gettysburg, PA 17325
Tel. 717-337-7015   Fax 717-337-6666