Re: preservation of electronic records

> is there anyone out there that can help in this area, eg relevant sites  or are they presently investigating the issue.

You may want to check out our online directory of Electronic Recordkeeping Resources:
http://www.kshs.org/archives/ermlinks/ermlinks.htm

Electronic preservation is a hard topic to isolate, since it involves so many others (access, system management, policies and procedures, etc.), which is why our directory tries to touch on many topics.  It's certainly not exhaustive, but you may find it helpful.

Please feel free to send me any suggestions, additions or deletions.

Cal Lee
Electronic Records Project Archivist
Kansas State Historical Society
Phone: 785-272-8681, ext. 280         Fax: 785-272-8682
http://www.kshs.org/archives/recmgt.htm
                        "Obsolete power corrupts obsoletely."
                                                        - Ted Nelson