Re: Help

Hi Jennifer,

I realize that the Home Depot archives may find a certain serendipity to
using a Do-It-Yourself approach to this problem, but if the shirt is really
"significant to [your] corporate collection" I think it merits a look by a
qualified textile conservator.  You should be able to hook up with one in
your area through the web (try the American Association of Conservators site
at http://aic.stanford.edu/) or through this listserv.

By the way, you should be able to find Goo Gone and similar products on the
shelves of any Home Depot or any other home improvement center or hardware
store.

-Paul

Paul J. Eisloeffel
Curator of Manuscripts and Audio-Visual Collections
Nebraska State Historical Society
P.O. Box 82554
Lincoln, NE 68501
(402) 471-4750