Your Help Requested (fixed)

DISASTER RECOVERY PLAN SURVEY
LISTSERV QUESTIONS

I am a graduate student at Western Washington University in the Archives
and Records Management Program and am working on a research paper about
disaster recovery plans.  I am specifically interested in understanding
what has led, or not led, to the adoption of a plan at various
institutions.

I would appreciate your input !
You can respond to me off line at:   farrat@cc.wwu.edu
Results will be compiled and I will post these on the listserv.

IF POSSIBLE, PLEASE TRY TO RESPOND BY MARCH 7

For the "other" category, please fill it in with specifics
For multiple choice questions, please check ALL that apply

 1.  Which of the following best describes the type of institution
       where you work:
        Federal____ State government____ local government____   College or
University____ Business organization____        Private____ Other____

 2.  What is your position title in your company/organization?

 3.  Does your company or organization currently have a disaster
      recovery plan in place?
        Yes____ No____

 4.  If not, which of the following reasons would best describe why:
        Lack of interest____ Lack of leadership____
        Lack of funds____ Lack of knowledge____
        Lack of time to prepare one____ Other____

        [SKIP TO QUESTION 10]

 5.  If your facility has a plan in place, what were the motivating
      factors that led to its development?
        Mandate/directive____ Personal experience with a
disaster____ Attended a workshop____ One employee
        pushed the idea____ Other____

 6.  Who has the chief responsibility for coordinating the disaster
      recovery plan at your company/organization?

 7.  At what level does your disaster plan encompass?
        Agency as a whole____ Building____ Department____
        Other____

 8.  Does your plan have a vital records component?
        Yes____ No____

 9.  List the different types of disasters you have planned for:

10.  Has your facility ever experienced a disaster?
        Yes____ No____
        If yes, what type______________

11.  If your institution has experienced a disaster, and you had a
      plan in place, how would you rate the effectiveness of the plan?
        Very effective____ Needs some modification____
        Not very effective, should be rewritten____ Other____

12.  If your institution has experienced a disaster, and you did not
     have a plan in place, did the disaster motivate your
     company/institution to design a disaster recovery plan?
        Yes____ No____

13.  How long has your institution had a plan in place?

14.  If there is a plan in place, how often do you review it for
      modifications?
        Annually____ Biennually____ Less than biennually____    Never____

15.  Other comments you would like to make:

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME!!