Re: Hushpuppies - was Ahem! (blush)

Oh dear, thank your for the correction, AND the pronunication guide.  How
embarassing.  I've studied the 19th century way too long.  It has become
my present and the present something I've pushed back into my past.  I
believe there's help for me, but, as an academic, I'm not sure I can
afford it.  I'll call it the Faulkner complex.

Aletha