Re: Archives renovation

We had to move our Special Collections and West Florida
Archives out of the library building for 17 months so that our
area could be completely gutted and rebuilt as part of the
addition of a new four-story wing to the existing building.

As a result, I seem to have a lot of experience (now!) in
dealing with the questions of moving, how to move, expec-
tations of staff, users, etc. -- all kinds of things.   My bosses
tease me occasionally by threatening to move us out again,
since they like to see my "oh dear God!" reaction!

But I'd be glad to share ideas and what I learned in the
experience.   We also had a shorter shutdown a few years
back when the library was closed for six weeks for asbestos
removal and we had to relocate all staff and operations, but
NONE of the collections!

Dean

Dean DeBolt
University Librarian
Special Collections and West Florida Archives
John C. Pace Library
University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750
Tele:  850-474-2213;   Fax:  850-474-3338