Re: Mark Twain Quotation? and SLU archives

Christine,

Actually, I said this just this past weekend while at OAH.  But, as you've
already noted, I was not the first to refer to St. Louis drinking water in
this fashion.

I would like to add that I was delighted to be able to visit SLU's archives
on short notice, and though I missed meeting you, John shared some wonderful
info with me as to how you are making your finding aids more searchable.  I'm
looking forward to hearing more about the project and hope y'all will post to
the list when it has progressed to being searchable to the 'net.

The St. Louis Art Museum and the Missouri Historical Society museum were a
pleasure to visit during evenings off during the conference, and many
interesting discussions I had in St. Louis will be with me for some time.

Please feel free to pass on to SLU folks my appreciation for their
hospitality for OAH. I wasn't the only archivist "infiltrating" to get an
indepth understanding of how some of archives' clientele think!

Holly Hodges
In Chattanooga, TN