Re: Microfilm Viewing Machines

Hi Gary -
I saw your request for microfilm advice on the Archives list.

At our small public library in Colorado, we recently purchased a Canon 400
microfilm scanner/printer. Total cost was slightly under $12,000. Though we
didn't get the upgrade, there is a chance that in the future for another
$1,000 we could get software which would enable us to network this microfilm
reader to our computers and then the microfilm information could be put
directly into a word document on any terminal in the building. This would
save a lot of transcription time.

This might be a little more than what you want to do. Canon offers a range
of less techno machines. I'd look in the phone book for a dealer. You can
also find used machines on the internet but the cheapest is probably around
$4000.

Sybil Barnes
Local History/Reference
Estes Park Public Library