Re: Archives of Wine Labels?

Curtis,
I believe special collections at the University of California-Davis has a
collection of labels as they have an extensive program on oenology there.
They may concentrate on California wines but may be able to point you in the
right direction for East Coast collections.  Sorry, I don't have a contact
there for you.  Dick King

Curtis A Lyons wrote:

> All,
>
>         An area historic house/museum is renovating the basement area of
> their house. Most of the area is servants quarters, kitchen and laundry
> and will be used to illustrate servant life in the first quarter of the
> 20th century.
>         Another room to be opened is the wine cellar. The person in charge
> of this project would like the opportunity to see Wine Labels from the
> period (1895-1925), especially wines from Virginia and the surrounding
> states. Does anyone know of a collection holding wine labels from this
> period and region? Barring that, anyone know of any wine label collection?
>
>                                         Curtis Lyons
>                                         VCU Special Collections
>                                         calyons@vcu.edu

begin:vcard