Film for Pathex Motion Picture Camera

  I am a graduate student in history at NYU, also working for a certificate in archival studies.  I volunteer at a local community archive.
  In a collection I am processing are approximately 50 reels of developed film, about one-quarter inch in width, with a single line of spocket holes in the center of the film.  The reels are dated 1926 to 1929 and are contained in their original mailers, which are preaddressed to Pathex, Inc., 1 Congress Street, Jersey City, New Jersey.  Copy on the back of the mailer advertises that the package contains "1 magazine of non-inflammable film for the Pathex Motion Picture Camera."
  I believe that the photographer worked for Pathe at the time.
  I am seeking an exact description of the medium and a source to have to images transferred to a modern medium.
  Thanks for any help you can give me.