Blotting Sand

Dear Fellow Archives:

I am involved in a research project concerning blotting sand. I am looking
for information about its manufacture, preparation, use, etc. More
importantly, I am looking to obtain actual sand sample rubbings, which were
still adhered to the original documents so a documented date and origin can
be recorded. The samples are them analyzed under electron microscope and
compared with samples taken from other time periods and locations for their
mineral contents. Samples will not be able to be returned. All donors will
receive copies of our findings.

Anyone with information or can supply such samples are asked to contact Nick
D'Errico, Director ISCS at ISCS@Juno.com

Thank you.
N. D'Errico