Subject: OAIS
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 18:42:48 +1000
From: Colin Webb <cwebb@nla.gov.au>
To: "'padiforum-l@nla.gov.au'" <padiforum-l@nla.gov.au>

Dear padiforum-l members

The National Library of Australia has now prepared a set of comments on
the
OAIS Reference Model.  These can be accessed from the following address:
http://www.nla.gov.au/wgroups/oais/

These comments represent the views of the National Library of Australia
based on our work to specify requirements for a system to manage the
PANDORA
Archive of Australian Internet publications
(http://pandora.nla.gov.au/pandora/archive.html).  In summary, we have
found
the model to be an extremely valuable framework for the development of
requirements for our digital archive.  We have made some suggestions for
enhancements but also look forward to further clarification in areas
where
our understanding is still under development.

As some readers may not be familiar with the OAIS Reference Model we
have
provided some background to the model in the document.

Any comments should be sent to the padiforum-l list, or to Judith
Pearce,
Director, Web Services, NLA on pearce@nla.gov.au

Regards

Colin Webb