From: Richard Cox [mailto:rcox@MAIL.SIS.PITT.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2000 4:23 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: jobs and salaries

I have looked at job advertisements for over thirty years and the
percentage of those listing salaries and those not listing in ads has
remained the same.  People searching for jobs need to be more aggressive
in finding out what they need to know -- it is not part of some giant
conspiracy to beat down the poor archivists.  snip...snip

Richard J. Cox