re job opening - National Museum of Health and Medicine

Sure, at least what I know.  I asked the same question when we were writing
the ad yesterday.  Our HR people told me that they use its lack to throw out
resumes.
I guess some positions get a lot of applicants.

For my part, posting it w/o the salary was an oversight and when I read
yesterday's Digest, I called HR and asked if I could include the salary
which I did in my resend post.  Also not mentioned of course, is a full
excellent benefits package,  which costs us another 33% of the base salary,
and is not up to me to discuss.  But when you write an ad to be published in
the Wash Post which charges by the line, you get brevity.

Since I've had to write this mail about it, here's the ad again:

> ASST ARCHIVIST. Natl Museum Health & Medicine.  Collection management,
> reference services, experience w/ processing new collections/ writing
> finding aids.  M.A. in American History or Library Science, superb
> computer skills, minimum of 2 years work exp,  preferably in a medical,
> museum, or government archives.  Should have demonstrated responsibility
> for valuable collections.  NW Washington DC near Silver Spring.  FAX
> cover/resume to Rhode at 202-782-3573.  None considered w/o salary
> hist/current req.  The salary is in the low 30s.

Mike
-----