From: A.S.E. Fairfax [mailto:ASEFairfax@CO.ISLAND.WA.US]
Sent: 05 July, 2000 12:05 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: History of "The English Blonde"

Hello list-

I am appealing to the western history buffs among you.  I have been asked by
a historical re-enactor friend of mine to locate a picture/sketch of one
Lydia Thompson (or Thomson), an English stage performer who toured in the
mid-west during the years 1860-1876, and was the sometimes paramour of the
Grand Duke Alexei Alexandrovich Romanov during his buffalo hunting
excursions. Their friendship was apparently widely speculated upon, and
written up in the local papers as both made progress on their tours,
conveniently meeting every week or so in some new little berg, but arriving
there by different routes. My friend plays the grand duke once a year, and
would like to bring his friend to life next summer.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.
Elizabeth Fairfax, MA,CA
e-mail to:
Asefairfax@co.island.wa.us <mailto:Asefairfax@co.island.wa.us>