Re: Speaking of Oral History...

Daniel:

Kathy's advice is sound. I was in a position much like yours two years ago
when contracted to a history project for a government agency. Once
component of the project was a series of oral interviews with former
employees. I started by going to the Oral History Unit of my university,
where the text Doing Oral History was suggested to me. The work is a
great primer, but it did help that one of my major professors was a oral
historian!

Just a couple or words of advice: 1) make sure you are on target with your
questions 2) buy quality equipment 3)make sure you have the proper
documentation as per deeds of gift.

Hope this helps.

Reagan Grimsley