education questions

Hi everyone.
I have been reading the list with great interest for about a month now. I am
an MLS student who is hoping to enter the Archives field.
I have really enjoyed the posts--especially the recent thread about why
several of you entered the field.
I was hoping to gain some feedback on how well you think your education
prepared you for the positions you're in now.  I'm starting on my electives,
and would like to take courses that will help me prepare for archiving.  I
realize that much of this depends on the job, but I wonder if there are some
general courses that you found particularly helpful.
I've also been wondering if anyone has a sense of any prejudices in the
field regarding those who have an MLS or other Master's degree vs. those who
do not.  The issue of status among "professionals" vs. "paraprofessionals"
certainly seems to be a hot topic among many librarians right now, and I
wondered if this is also the case in archivists circles.
Thanks for sharing any thoughts you may have, and thanks also for the
interesting posts.  I've learned quite a lot already.

Melanie Ford