digital camcorders

Hello, all archivists! I need to pick your brain.

Someone asked me a question today about digital camcorders. She asked me
since digital still cameras use a disc to store data if digital camcorders
do as well. Since I have never seen a digital camcorder, I did not know, but
I assumed they would probably use a disc as well. Does anyone know the
answer to this question? Thanks in advance.

Barbara M. Allen, M.L.S.
O.J. Cloughly Alumni Library
St. Louis College of Pharmacy
4588 Parkview Place