Re: Images of Polka Music

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Karen Majewski wrote:

> I also suggest Steve Litwin, all-around polka expert who edits the polka
> section of the monthly Polish American Journal (polamjourn@aol.com;
> http://www.polamjournal.com). The website has great polka links, too.

I ran across the MN Polka Oral History Project when I was trying to locate
oral histories of musicians who don't happen to be lead players of jazz,
or anyone who has ever played bluegrass fiddle.  No idea on their image
holdings.

http://www.mnhs.org/library/collections/oralhistory/polka.html

The Library of Congress and a few other places have oodles of sheet music
covers *of* polkas, but not necessarily of those playing polkas.

Carole "tuba players love playing the clarinet polka, but I'd have more
fun in a klezmer band because I like minor keys" Nowicke
Reference Librarian
Indiana Prevention Resource Center  <http://www.drugs.indiana.edu>
cnowicke@indiana.edu  <http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~cnowicke>
Historian, Tubists Universal Brotherhood Association
List Owner Dressage-L <Dressage-L@Listserv.Indiana.edu>