Re: Friday topic- mummy on the Titanic?

My favorite site answers all the questions.

The San Fernando  Valley Folklore Society's
        Urban Legends Reference Pages

http://www.snopes.com/

search for Titanic

-snip-
"Claim:   The Titanic was sent to a watery grave because it
    carried a cursed mummy in its hold.

    Example:   [Collected on the Internet, 1998]

         Of all tales of the supernatural, this one is perhaps
         the best documented, the most disturbing and the
         most difficult to explain . . . "

-snip-

I won't give the rest away...

Happy Friday everyone!

At 10:28 AM 08/04/2000 -0600, you wrote:
> Hopefully this will not run on and on like the Pink Dress, but because it
>is Friday I thought I would run this strange one past all of you. I
>was briefly listening to the radio yesterday in my car to someone talking
>about the curse of King Tut, and how there supposedly was a mummy from his
>tomb on the Titanic when it sank. I had to stop listening and never
>got to hear any more of the conversation. Is this true or urban legend?
>Anyone ever heard this?
>
> Steve Fisher
> University of Denver
>
>A posting from the Archives & Archivists LISTSERV List!

>      In body of message:  SUB ARCHIVES firstname lastname
>                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES

>     http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/archives.html
>
>Problems?  Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt <rschmidt@lib.muohio.edu>

JoAnne Geigner
Graduate Student, History Department
Future Archivist
Secretary, Sociology & Anthropology Department
Illinois State University

jageign@ilstu.edu

"The world is made for people who aren't blessed with self awareness"
Bull Durham