Re: Friday topic- mummy on the Titanic?

This may be a garbled version of a true story.  Didn't someone attempt to
ship a massive Egyptian stone sarcophogus back to Europe on a ship that
subsequently sank en route?  For the life of me, I can't remember the
details but I do know this story appeared in a reputable publication and
it happened sometime in the mid-19th century.

Regards,

Mark D. Jaeger
Purdue University Libraries
Special Collections