From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU]On
Behalf Of Richard King
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2000 11:07 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Scrape Book Preservation (?)

Dear Archipeople,
I have recently acquired what at one time was a scrape book (covers
gone).  The contents (c. 1937-38) are still intact although pages are
wood pulp paper and beginning to break up.  Many items pasted down have
material of interest on side pasted down or partially pasted down.
Don't know yet if this material can be lifted off but will try at some
point.  My question is how do/should I keep the original continuity
flow.  This scrape book documents a service man going off Asia and
events that occurred there.  Would you dismount and re-mount on acid
free material?  Image, dismount and store individually?  Leave town?
Any ideas gratefully accepted.  Dick King, University of Arizona