Re: Forwarding of E-mails

Rolanda wrote:
<snip>
Recently I was cold called by an archival imaging company and someone else
was contacted by a company that I recommended to them.
<snip>

Did the cold caller tell you that your name had been provided to them by
some one on this list?

Or could it be that the caller is a quiet lurker on this list and saw your
query of August 3rd wherein you asked for the names of company's from which
one could purchase imaging equipment and software. This proposed purchase
would be a nice sale

Or could it just be sheer coincidence? The archival imaging field has got to
be a very small group of companies. Cold calling in our profession is not
unusual. Don't forget you may have filled out a card somewhere asking for
further information. These are known as "lead cards" and are provided to the
company or their reps.

But am I condoning the forwarding of your name to the vendor without your
permission? NO!, just pointing out that the vendor may have gotten your name
from other sources or means at their disposal.

Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Manager, Records Management Group
Woodside Summit Group Inc
Midlothian, Virginia