Disaster recovery/Conservation of 2 inch 24 track audio tapes

Several 2 inch 2500 ft. 24 track audio tapes were brought in wet. I need to
locate equipment to spool off the tapes and I also need to find a machine
that will allow me to dupe them. Does anyone have any idea where I can
locate this type of equipment? I have tried all the recording studios, TV
stations and radio stations in the area. This is a time critical project any
help is greatly appreciated.

Also, our music department came across a company in California that puts the
wet tapes in an oven to dry them out. Sounds like a risky proposition to me
for archival tapes. Is anyone familiar with this process?

Chris Flynn, CA CRM
Records Officer
University of Idaho
cflynn@uidaho.edu