SIRSI's Hyperion system

Greetings. I would be very interested in hearing from anyone who has had any experience with SIRSI's Hyperion System. We are currently considering implementing Hyperion as an independent database (our OPAC is not a SIRSI system) for a relatively small college archive and are wieghing the ultimate advantages or disadvantages of investing in this system as opposed to simply opting to create our own database using MS Access.

Any observations, therefore, as to the relative merits, limitations, or pitfalls of the Hyperion system which fellow list members would care to pass along would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Sandra Carpenter
Marymount College
carpentersf@earthlink.net