Photocopier security

Dear list members,

We have a problem in our organisation.  Under the Library and Archives
department we have a reprographics unit which deals, inter alia, with
photocopying and document binding.  Somehow along the lines this particular
unit was shifted to the organisation's administrative department which means
the head of Library and Archives dept had nothing to do with it. This has
seen the said unit operate as as seperate entity,  with no one to account
for its operations resulting in misuse of the machines.  Anybody is allowed
to operate the machines if they are not conversant with them.  This has lead
to breakages and damages which costs the organisation huge sums of money in
repair and maintenance costs.

As a new head of the Library and Acrhives Dept, I would like to put the
record straight. How does one correct this problem? What system could be put
in place to make it more efficient?  Which is the best way to  help us
account for the paper, toner etc. used?  Do any of you use request forms -
well that is what we had in mind to have users fill in special request
forms. What kind of information should they capture? What security measures
should we put in place?

I would appreciate advise from members of the list.  You may reply to me
directly on the above e-mail address.

Thanking you in anticipation of your cooperation.