Re: Advice needed

Stephen, and all others who advised me to treat a large donation received under
sensitive circumstances as having been given anonomously, what is the best way to
describe the contents of the collection in the finding aids? I'm considering the
following type of entry:

" (Box #)    Photographs: (A&Z Company) Project Photos, black-and-white images,
1940 through 1958. "

Is it advisable to even mention the company where the photos originated in the
finding aid, or would something like this, vaguely describing the subject without
alluding to the origin of the collection, be better:

"(Box #)    Photographs, (A&Z Company) equipment, black-and-white images . . .
(etc.) "?

Also, what do you do if someone presses you for information on the nature of the
collection - simply smile and say the information is confidential and hope the
individual doesn't jump to wrong conclusions?

All advice is much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Thomas Berry, Archivist
Historical Construction Equipment Association
16623 Liberty Hi Road
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
Phone 419-352-5616
Fax 419-352-6086