Time Capsules

I need some advice, please.

I was recently asked what would be the best/safest way
to put together a time capsule which will be placed
behind a stone plaque in the side of a building.  The
capsule will be opened in 50 years.  In the meantime,
it will be subjected to all the temperature
fluctuations of five decades in North Georgia.  It is
also possible that changes in humidity will affect the
materials inside, which will include paper and metal
artifacts.  Other than making sure the papers are
printed on acid free paper, how should I advise them
to handle the materials since the interior climate
will be so unstable?  Should the materials be sealed
or unsealed and what sort of container is the best choice?