Re: Sports at SAA (was: Re: Snow in Denver -baseball at SAA?)

I have done a little web-based research.  For those, like myself, intrigued
by the soccer matches that will be played at RFK stadium, you can take the
Metro Red line from Dupont Circle to Metro Center, transferring to the
Blue/Orange line, which takes one to the Stadium-Armory stop.

More info is at http://www.dcunited.com and http://www.us-soccer.com
Neither site - based on my brief look - seems to have tickets for the
US-Honduras game available for sale at this time.

Joseph M. "Yankees and MetroStars fan" Komljenovich
Assistant Archivist
Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Joseph.Komljenovich@ny.frb.org

Any comments or statements made in this transmission reflect the views of
the sender and are not necessarily the views of the Federal Reserve Bank of
New York.

                    Danna Bell-Russel
                    <dbrussel@CAPACCESS.        To:     ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
                    ORG>                        cc:
                    Sent by: Archives &         Subject:     Re: Sports at SAA (was: Re: Snow in Denver -baseball at
                    Archivists                  SAA?)
                    <ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.M
                    UOHIO.EDU>

                    05/08/1973 07:34 AM
                    Please respond to
                    Danna Bell-Russel

Good morning,

I believe Marisa Keller, the chair for Local Arrangements for the SAA
conferernce is on this list. If not several of her committee members are.
I am certain that there will be some sort of planned opportunity for
people to go up to Camden Yards and see one of the baseball games during
SAA.

If you can't make that opportunity you can take the Metro Red line at
Dupont Circle (where the hotel is located) to Union Station and take the
MARC train to Baltimore. Usually on game day there is a MARC train that
does stop directly in front of Camden Yards and leaves a half an hour
after the game ends.

Hope this helps. Danna Bell-Russel, born and bred in Baltimore.
National Digital Library, Library of Congress