Re: railroad records

The National Archives in College Park Maryland hold the federal valuation studies (circa 1910) for most US railroads (records for a few, which were abandoned early are missing, this of course would not include the New York Central)

There are usually significant records held by each state in which the railroad operated, produced by that state?s equivalent of a Public Utilities Commission.  These are typically kept in the state?s archive.

Randy Hees

Laura Smith <Laura.Katz.Smith@UCONN.EDU> wrote:
> Hi, all.  I am looking for repositories that hold a substantial number of
records related to the New York Central Railroad.  I know that Syracuse U.
holds records, but are there any others out there?  Again, significant
collections only please.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Laura Smith

Laura Katz Smith, CA
Curator for Business, Railroad, Labor and Ethnic Heritage and Immigration
Collections
Archives & Special Collections
Thomas J. Dodd Research Center
405 Babbidge Road, Unit 1205
University of Connecticut
Storrs, CT  06269-1205

Phone: (860)486-2516
Fax: (860)486-4521
Email: Laura.Katz.Smith@UConn.edu

Problems?  Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt