My Apologies

My apologies are to everyone on this list for sending what should have
been a private message.  I am in a state of shock and distress over the
images I have seen on television the last two days, as we all are, and I
let my feelings take over.  That said, there is no excuse to press any
agenda at such a terrible time.  I do have respect for all archivists in
all settings.  We are very underpaid for what we accomplish, which is a
vital service to the nation's people.  We live in a country where we may
disagree and occasionally bicker, but we pull together in times of
emergency.  I have learned my lesson and will keep my opinions to
myself.

As with all of you, partisan differences matter little at such as
terrble time.  My thoughts and prayers go to all of the victims and
their friends and relatives.