free to a good home

Hello,

I'm posting a message from a gentleman looking to find a good home for the papers of his father, a scientist.

"My father, Victor Wouk, is now 83 and is considerably slowing down his professional activities. And he is selling his country house where he the bulk of his papers stored.  We don't want to throw the papers away, but we don't have a place to keep them long-term.  They cover sixty plus years.  In and of itself something that might be of value.

He has a PhD from Catltech in Electrophysics.  1942 or '41.  Not only has he had a interesting career, but he also kept ALL of his papers from about '47.  And a daily diary from before the war.  He worked on the Manattan Project.  Color television at Phillips.  Later high-voltage engineering (his company sold power supplies to Los Alamos) and, for the last 30+ years electric and hybrid vehicles.  He is the "world expert" on the subject having represented the USA at various meetings and standards organizations for years.  He has met a very large number of the major figures of hias era.  Armstrong in radio.  Rbt Millikan was an examiner for his PhD.  Oppenheimer, Uri, Gen'l Grove.  He participated in a minor way in the first telecast of a baseball game.  He was also not a shy fellow so was willing to contact a variety of major folks, and he did.

We would prefer not to throw away his papers and are looking for some place that might be interested.  We've contact Caltech, but they would require an endownment that is not currently possible."

Jordan Wouk
Jordanwouk@cs.com