Re: _The Formation of Q_

Stephen C. Carlson (scarlson@washdc.mindspring.com)
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 23:11:48 -0400

At 10:13 8/22/96 -0400, nichael@sover.net wrote:
>Jack Kilmon wrote:
>> I would refer you to John S. Kloppenberg, "The Formation of Q:
>>Trajectories in Ancient Wisdom Collections" Studies in Antiquity and
>>Christianity, Phila, Fortress. 1977 ...
>
>For the interested: CBD is currently offering _The Formation of Q_ for $6.95[!]

Actually, no. They're sold out. For those interested, I have written
a short summary of its thesis at:

http://www.mindspring.com/~scarlson/synopt/klopp.html

and there is a better, longer, and more detailed explanation of it by
Bill Arnal found at, on the Gospel of Thomas homepage:

http://www.epix.net/~miser17/billklop.html

Stephen Carlson

--
Stephen C. Carlson                   : Poetry speaks of aspirations,
scarlson@mindspring.com              : and songs chant the words.