Re: _The Formation of Q_

Jack Kilmon (jpman@accesscomm.net)
Sun, 25 Aug 1996 22:59:20 -0600

Stephen C. Carlson wrote:

> I suppose a good control for Kloppenborg's method would be to extract
> Mark from the contents of Matthew (assuming that Mark and Luke are not
> extant). Would all the fulfillment quotations be put in a secondary
> layer?

If I catch your meaning correctly here, Stephen, maybe a reconstruction
of the missing ending on Mark (after 16:8) could be extracted from Matthew if one
uses the Markan style in the translation. For example:

16:9 And Jesus himself met them and said "Good Morning." (Mt. 28:9)

16:10 And they went up to him and clasped his feet, and bowed to the ground
before him. (Mat. 28:9)

16:11 Jesus said to them You need not be afraid. (Mt. 28:10)

16:12 Go and tell my brothers to go to galilee and they will see me there (Mt. 28:10)

16:13 And they went with great joy and ran to tell his disciples (Mt 28:8)

16:14 And the eleven disciples went to Galilee to the mountain to which Jesus
had directed them. (Mt 28:16)

16:15 And Jesus came up to them and said, "Go and preach the good news to all the
heathen. I will always be with you, to the end." (Mt. 28:19)

Works for me!

Blessing,

Jack Kilmon
JPMan@accesscomm.net