Re: John 8:58 & Ex. 3:14 & intolerance

Carl William Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 18:59:23 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 21 Aug 1996 Wes.Williams@twcable.com wrote:

> Ron Henzel wrote:
>
> "You think that you know more than these scholars do."
>
> ____________________________
>
> Carl,
>
> I am in need of a second opinion. This kind of intolerance is really
> inconducive to seeking and sharing knowledge. Frankly, Henzel couldn't
> answer the question the Greek learner had and so resorted to this. Do
> you think I should forward this to Marotta?
>
> Sincerely,
> Wes

Yes, I think something needs to be done. We really do need (a)
moderator(s)! The discussion was somewhat interesting, but it has become
an endless back-and-forth of children ranting at each other: "Tis
so!"--"Taint so!" "Tis!"--"Taint!"

I think that if Marotta hadn't insisted upon evangelicals acting the role
of moderators, we might have had them. I'm now halfway inclined to offer
myself to him on grounds that a non-evangelical, heretical liberal might
be better than no moderator at all. At any rate, I suggest you try. In the
meantime, I'm going to post my own protest to this ongoing exchange. I
don't know that it's likely to do any good.

In the meantime, I'm having troubles with my POP account--some sort of
lockfile caused by a "hung" computer at the end of a mail retrieval has
messed up my system. The guys running our system are trying to track down
the problem now, and in the meantime I'm using Telnet to access my mail. I
don't really know all the commands that well!

Cheers--grin and bear it! c

Carl W. Conrad
(314) 935-4018