Re: A Question

Sun, 08 Sep 1996 11:40:45 -0500 (EST)

At 11:40 AM -0500 9/8/96, Edward Hobbs wrote:
>Dear Carl,
> How do you manage to respond to all these questions, both
>carefully and wisely, while a new semester is beginning? I'm amazed, and a
>little envious! Anyway, I thus make bold to take more of your time.
> The interminable argument over the "restrainer" in 2 Thess 2 had
>already seemed to me a drug on the List, as well as containing far too much
>self-advertising by Paul Dixon, when his response to David Moore appeared on
>my screen. He asserts patent-rights to HIS thread, and orders David out of
>the discussion unless he chooses to let Paul call the shots. This is
>beyond the bounds as I see them.
> I don't want to go public on this unless others feel the same way.
>In fact, even if they do, I don't like the flak which seems the weapon of
>choice among many "evangelicals." Anyway, what do you think? Or do you
>just type "DEL" when you see "2 Thess 2", and hope we all do?

Actually, I've followed the discussion sort of half-heartedly. I just haven't much interest in 2 Thessalonians. However, I think I'll jump in and say a word to Paul Dixon and see how it bounces. David Moore is not one that I often agree with, but he's always been the soul of courtesy, he's thoughtful, and he's been around on this list a lot longer than I have. Let's see what happens ...

Regards, Carl