Re: PROS and Porter

Wes.Williams@twcable.com
Fri, 20 Sep 96 16:19:55 MST

Hi Carl,

Someone sent this to me and I am forwarding it to you to let you know how some
appreciate your comments although they may not let you know yourself. I'm still
chuckling about the dunk. Perhaps those that did not find it funny should
consult a professional comedian or a doctor and get some Prozak.

Take care,
Wes

>> Does PROS not have the meaning "to" in these cases? I always remember
my first Greek teacher saying that it has the meaning of being
alongside, nearby, always with some distance (small or great) implied.
It could also function this way in a more "poetic" sense, couldn't it?
Thus it comes to mean "with."

A thought from a lurker.

Regards,
XXX

This was written before reading the master, Carl Conrad.<<