Re: Camel or Rope?

David L. Moore (
Wed, 02 Oct 1996 20:39:32 -0400

Craig Abernethy wrote:
> Thanks to David Moore for his message on Lamsa. May I inquire, isn't it
> also a fact that the Peshitta is written in Syriac, that there is no such
> thing as an "Aramaic NT" in Palestinian Aramaic? Isn't there also a
> gigantic problem with supposing the existence of (an unattested) written
> Aramaic original for the gospels?

Another note on this for anyone that might be interested, an article
on Lamsa's claims by E. Yamauchi from _Bibliotheca Sacra_ can be found at the
following address: An article on
a similar theme is also available at The latter
comes from the Christian Research Institute, is more theological in focus and
from an Evangelical perspective.

David L. Moore                             Director
Miami, Florida, USA                        Department of Education                     Southeastern Spanish District            of the Assemblies of God