Re: Turabian format for email citations?

Lou Schwing (louschw@sound-advice.com)
Sun, 24 Nov 1996 19:51:16 -0700

At 6:10 PM 11/24/96, KEN LITWAK wrote:

>I've received material via email from a scholar that consist of
>his notes to a transaltion committee for decisions regarding revisions
>to the book he translated. As such, it is not a publishable work, but
>also does not seem to fit the Turabian notion of electronic documents or
>unpublsihed materials

Ken:

I found a WWW site some time ago, before Turabian was updated, that
attempted to establish a standard for Electronic Sources. Unfortunately, I
only have the printed copy of the web site, although it does give some link
info.

Here is what I have:

The maintainer and creator is Janice R. Walker (jwalker@chuma.cas.usf.edu)
Department of English, University of South Florida
Revised 4/95

[...]

Under E-mail, Listserv and Newslist Citations:

Give the author's name (if known), the subject line from the posting in
quotation marks, and the address of the listserv or newslist, along with
the date. For personal e-mail listings, the address may be omitted.

Bruckman, Amy S. "MOOSE Crossing Proposal." mediamoo@medial.mit.edu (20
Dec. 1994)

Seabrook, Richard H.C. "Community and Progress."
cybermind@jefferson.village.virginia.edu (22 Jan. 1994)

Thomson, Barry, "Virtual Reality." Personal e-mail (25 Jan. 1995)

-------------

Later in my paper copy it says that the style sheet is available as a link
from the following sources: (I won't type them all, if these don't work,
write me privately and I'll give you more)

Belmont University
http://acklen.belmont.edu/BelmontHome/School.Orgs/Sch.of.Hunmanities/Lit.Lan
g/text/Research.html

Hamline University Systems
http://www.hamline.edu/library

The Emory World Wide Web Project. "Citation Formats."
Field Guide to Sources On, About and On the Internet.
http://www.cc.emory.edu/WHSCL/citation.formats.html

I'm sure the style sheet has been updated by now, I'm sure that one of
these links will help you find what you're looking for.

HTH!

Peace,

Lou Schwing La Crescenta Presbyterian Church
louschw@sound-advice.com http://www.primenet.com/~louschw/

"The nation...is still Christian, though it refuses to to be governed in
this deepest concern of the mind and heart by the temporal power. In fact,
under such circumstances, Christianity, as the free expression of personal
conviction and of the national character, has even greater power of the
mind, than when enjoined by civil laws and upheld by police regulations."
----Phillip Schaff, explaining the religious life of the
United States in 1853