Re: Software for Biblical Studies

Mark B. O'Brien (obrienmb@juno.com)
Thu, 28 Nov 1996 14:26:47 EST

On Wed, 27 Nov 1996 10:09:13 -0500 "M. Palmer"
<mtp9675@gibbs.oit.unc.edu> writes:
>On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Jonathan Robie wrote:
>
>> On the Mac, I'm completely blown away by Accordance.
>
>Dito. At the SBL meeting in New Orleans this past weekend I bought the
>
>upgrade. Apparently Apple has identified this as a power application
>(i.e. people are buying MacIntosh computers to be able to run this
>piece
>of software!).

I'm still trying to digest why anybody would spend their time making the
Mac version of this software better than the Windows version, given that
the vast majority of PC users don't use Macs!! Besides anything else, it
just doesn't seem to make good business sense. I'm still waiting for the
Windows version to catch up before I make the investment.

Mark O'Brien
"Short-timer", Dallas Theological Seminary
Adjunct Professor, Dallas Christian College
-----
"If it's not on the GRE, can it be real?" -- Ken Litwak