Re: Archives back to 1992! Thanks, Per Baekgaard!

Tue, 21 Jan 1997 08:10:36 -0600

At 3:50 PM -0600 1/20/97, Jonathan Robie wrote:
>The B-Greek archives now go all the way back to 1992! Per Baekgaard has
>provided me with his archives, and they are now converted for your browsing
>pleasure. I had a few problems, so I took some shortcuts:

I have just visited the site and am absolutely delighted to find
correspondence going back before I joined the list, which was already in
ancient times.

Now, I believe the only big lacuna that needs to be filled is the first
half of 1996. Although I have an archive including that, my attempts to
send it to Jonathan in a file he could convert to HTML were unsuccessful.
Rather than sending out a call immediately for volunteers, perhaps it would
be better to let Jonathan describe exactly what's wanted in terms of format
and inclusive dating and then have volunteers write him for screening.
Hopefully this will not flood him with unwanted e-mail, but I doubt that
many maintain complete archives of B-Greek stuff--once I'm confident of the
security of web archives for B-Greek I'll quickly erase a huge block from
my hard drive.

Carl W. Conrad
(314) 935-4018