rolf.on.aspect

quite useful on some points, e.g. the distinction between perfective and
imperfective. good. just don't try to tell me that aorist form per se marks one
or the other.

two quick critiques: the generalization about non-indicative-finites as being
unreal seems to me to break down in given settings, e.g. modern greek
infinitive derives from old iva = hina clauses with subjunctive and, sure
enough, one can find instances of these old clauses that amount to no more than
an infinitive in hellenistic period writing.

second point: often the thought map of  a verb (its rather lexical property)
and not a formal inflectional marking is what really suggests what's called
aspect.

shalom,
bearded bill of asheville <bthurman@unca.edu>
unca not having approved either whom or thereof.