RE: Translation for O LOGOS (John 1)?

Todd K. Pedlar (todd@handel.phys.nwu.edu)
Sat, 11 Oct 1997 14:44:38 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 11 Oct 1997 taxis@gte.net wrote:

> Noel,
>
> I actually thought about this quite a lot before composing this simple post,
> but I'll spare you my thought processes. My recommendation for a general
> purpose translation of the "Logos" of Jn 1 is "Soul".

Please - don't spare us your thought processes. One ought not make
such a radical statement without explanation. How in the world did
you ever come up with "Soul"?

Todd K. Pedlar - Northwestern Univ., Nucl. & Particle Physics
FNAL E835 Homepage: http://numep1.phys.nwu.edu/tkp.html
Phone: (847) 491-8630 (630) 840-8048 Fax: (847) 491-8627
The science of today is the technology of tomorrow.
--Edward Teller