email@example.com asked about:
> The phrase "MIAS GUNAIKOS ANDRA" in 1 Tim.3:2...
I've seen interpreters suggest one of the following, or combinations thereof,
as the meaning of the one wife rule.
1) being currently married is a requirement.
2) at least one marriage to date is a requirement.
3) simultaneous polygyny disqualifies.
4) serial polygyny disqualifies.
The narrowest interpretation would be 1+3+4, of course.
As to which combination is "correct," I will answer that
when and if I am a candidate for President. :-)
Vincent Broman, code 572 bayside, = o
Naval Command Control and Ocean Surveillance Center, RDT&E Div. = _ /- _
San Diego, CA 92152-5000, USA = (_)> (_)
Internet Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: +1 619 553 1635 Phone: +1 619 553 1641
- From: UF26@sysm.acs.Virginia.EDU