[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Ephesians 1.2

In Ephesians 1.2, the text is usually rendered "...from God our Father
and the Lord Jesus Christ."  However, it seems to me that an alternate
rendering is possible, namely "...from God, the Father of us and of the
Lord Jesus Christ."  As far as I can tell, this reading makes more sense,
given the recurrent theme in Ephesians that God is doing in us what he
did in Jesus.

I would very much like to know the opinions of others as to the viability
of this rendering.  As a undergrad religion/philosophy student with an
interest in NT studies, I could benefit greatly from the collective
wisdom of all of you.

En pneumati Christou,

John L. Moody 				jmoody@goliath.pbac.edu
Palm Beach Atlantic College