[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

use of the imperative

Date sent:  25-FEB-1994 08:18:26
I have a couple of questions about the use of the imperative in nt greek.
First of all, what is the most reliable way of determining whether the mood
of the verb is imperative or indicative when the endings are the same (as
in the 2nd person plural)?  Second, how valid is the "rule" that a negative
(me) with a present imperative requires the object to stop cease the action
which is already occuring?  Does the construction simply allow this
understanding of the command or does it require it?  Thanks for the help.

Darren Williamson
williamson@bible.acu.edu
Abilene, Texas  have a good day